‘Sponsor-a-Child’ Educational Assistance Scheme
- This educational assistance scheme is meant for Arunachali children hailing from economically backward families.
- This scheme aims to assist the child in continuing his/her school education, and prevent his/her dropping out of the school due to lack of funds for paying school fees.
- Vivekananda Kendra is working in North-East India in the field of education since the year 1977. There are 41 Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalayas in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The total number of students studying in the schools is 14320 in academic session 2022-23. Among them 7115 are boys and 7205 are girls.
- Arunachal being a hilly region there are hostels attached to schools. There are 3612 no. of hostellers and 10708 no. of students are day scholars.
- On an average, the educational assistance contribution per child per academic year comes out to be Rs. 18,000/- (Rupees Eighteen Thousand only). However, a donor can contribute an amount as per his/her capacity.
- The donors are requested to send a contribution through Demand Draft (DD) or Cheque in favor of “Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalayas Arunachal Pradesh Trust”, payable at “Dibrugarh”, Assam, OR in favor of “Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari”, payable at Vivekanandapuram, Kanyakumari.
Contributions can be sent to following addresses
Kanyakumari – 629 702,
2) The General Secretary
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalayas Arunachal Pradesh Trust,
“Breezy Meadows”, Riverside, Near S.P. Office,
P.O. Box 104, Dibrugarh, Assam. 786001
Can also be sent by Core Banking or NEFT
Account Name : Vivekananda Kendra Corpus Fund Account
Account Number : 0157000100122540
Bank Name : Punjab National Bank
Branch Name : Dibrugarh
IFS Code : PUNB0001120
Contact No : +91 9435198047
+91 373 2324320
This would enable us to know the source and send you the receipt at the earliest.
The Administrative Office gets a clear picture from the schools for allotting scholarship under the ‘Sponsor-a-Child’ Scheme only at the mid of each academic year as to whether a particular student was able to clear his/her fees dues partially/completely or not. If he/she is not able to do so, we allow the required amount for that particular child from the sum contributed by donors, so that the fee dues are cleared and that child can continue studies in the next higher class. We follow this procedure so that students should remain self-reliant as far as possible in terms of paying fees and let them feel that they are not dependent on others. But ultimately by the mid of the academic year, if a student is still not able to pay the fees partially or fully, the donors to this scheme come into the picture to rescue them from discontinuation of their studies.
If any donor specifies while sending a contribution, that his/her financial assistance should be used only for a girl child, then we allot that contribution for a deserving girl child only, otherwise can be utilized for either a deserving girl child or a boy child.
Vivekananda Kendra is duly entitled to the benefit of exemption Under Section 80-G of the Income Tax Act. A copy of the income tax exemption certificate is sent to the donors along with acknowledgment receipt.