Aims & Objectives
VKVs have held aloft vision of Man-Making & Nation-Building as the twin objectives of imparting education for the tribal students of the Himalayan Range Area. It is remotest area of India, We strive to give best Scientific Character building Education to children of Arunachal Pradesh with fighting with weather and lack of physical resources.
All the activities in the schools run by the Trust are tailor-made to realize the objectives.
Some features of our VKVs
- Teachers reside in the school campus itself along with the children in the atmosphere of a single home, as in the ancient Gurukul system as we believe that Education should be character Building. Teachers are, therefore, present day and night to guide, help and look after the children.
- A team of dedicated teachers is entrusted the responsibility of manning the schools.
- All the 5 spheres of Child-Development, i.e., Physical, Mental, Emotional, Intellectual and Spiritual, are given equal importance.
- Co-curricular activities include spoken English, Quiz programmes for development of General Knowledge, Subject-wise Seminars & Congresses, Literary & Cultural Competitions, etc.
- Extra-currricular activities include Yoga, Suryanamaskar, Pranayam, Meditation, Personality Development Camps, Educational Tours, Aptitude Test & Career Counselling, National Service Scheme (NSS), Military Band display, etc. Each school has its own Military Band troupe.
- For Sports & Games, qualified and experienced Phyisical Instructors are appointed to train the students in Track-n-Field events, Band, Drills, Suryanamaskar, Football, Volleyball, Kho-Kho and other games. Many of our schools have qualified for Zonal and National level competitions organised by CBSE and won Awards. Every year, intra & inter-VKV school tournaments are organised to encourage boys and girls in football, Kho-Kho and Volleyball.
- Loss of Culture is Loss of Identity’: This dictum is observed in all the Cultural programmes presented by the students.
- Special emphasis and training is given to the children to learn and promote local indigenousarts and crafts.
- Many VKVs are residential for bonafide Arunachali children as Arunachal Pradesh is one of the remotest places of Bharat. However, children of the staff members are also studying in the schools as day scholars.
- Medium of education is English, and Hindi is compulsory. Sanskrit is also taught up to Secondary Level.
- Admission is made only to the lowest class for the children in the age group of 5 - 6 years.
- NCERT syllabus is followed with suitable additions / modifications for teaching additional skills according to local
requirements. The schools are affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi and students appear for Board examination in Class X and XII.Selected numbers of schools are upgraded to higher secondary schools with multipurpose educational facilities.
The Kendra has taken meticulous care that while imparting modern and specialized education to the children, the Arunachali people's local traditional culture, values & customs are respected, preserved and nurtured