Vivekananda Kendra College of Teacher Education
Vivekananda Kendra College of Teacher Education ( VKCTE ) aims to cater to the educational need of the aspiring student teachers of the State with regular B.Ed course.
It is the educational initiative of Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalayas Arunachal Pradesh Trust which is running 37 schools popularly known as VKVs in Arunachal Pradesh. VKVs functioning in the State are Government Recognized Grant in Aid schools which started in the year 1977 as per the request of the Government of Arunachal Pradesh. The VKVs have created an indelible niche in the minds of the people.
The course will be affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University, Rono Hills, Doimukh in Arunachal Pradesh.
Objectives of the Course
The course aims to prepare efficient and committed secondary school teachers with special training in value education. The Course is aimed at helping aspiring student teachers develop competencies and values in the context of changing educational needs and understand effectively his role as a teacher.
The course aims to equip the learner in the following
- To understand the system and practices of education in our country.
- To understand the nature and problems of secondary school students.
- To develop Value sensitivities.
- To train in planning, executing and evaluation processes of teaching.
- To develop a spirit of patriotism, professionalism, experimentation and scientific temper.
- To create an awareness on importance of teacher in educational reconstruction and reforms.
- To develop adequate competencies in school subjects.
- To build human capital by learning across disciplines
- To provide learner centered approaches in terms of pedagogies
- To ensure high quality in teaching and learning process
- To ensure transparency in evaluation
- To make learners as knowledge practitioners
- To make things happen by encouraging students endowed with talents to acquire skills.
- To reinforce assimilation & creative utilization of information while solving problems in day to day life
- To give sufficient exposure by undertaking various study tours and Guest lecture from the eminent educationist of the country.