Parents Meet Conducted - VKV Raga
A Parents’ Meet for the parents of classes V & VIII was conducted today, i. e, 14th Jan. 2020 from 12:30 pm onwards. The meeting was conducted to discuss important points regarding the State Board Examination 2020 for the classes V and VIII and other school related issues.
The meeting started with three Omkaras and the holy chant of Om Sahanavavatu....It was followed by the School Patriotic song for the session 2019-20: DESH HAME DETA HAI SAB KUCH, HAM BHI TO KUCH DENA SIKHEN.. led by Class VIII girls and followed by all. Sri Kailash Chandra Tiadi, welcomed all and requested the parents to stay till the end of the programme. It was then followed by Result summary anf feedback of the recently held Periodic Test II. The class teachers of Classes V and VIII, Smti Priyanka Tiwari and Sri Rajiv Muang presented the result summaries and overall feedback of their respective students taking into consideration academic performance, attendance and participation in school programmes. It was now the turn for the parents to share their experiences and suggestions with respect to their ward. Three parents shared their experiences:
- Sri Rotom Tuluk, Hostel Warden of Private Hostel: He gave the report of all the hostellers of his hostel. He reported their performance in the Periodic Test II and requested the other parents to come to the school and hostel to enquire about the progress from time to time. He further added that the performance of Classes I – V is better than that of Classes VI – VIII. He also praised the committed work of the school authority in trying to improve the academic performance of the students. He concluded by saying that the school is doing its best for preparing the students for State Board Exam and all parents must know all about it before their children sit in the said Exam. He thanked the school for conducting this parents meeting.
- Sri Loyom Taba, F/O Kr. Yomnu Taba, V: Being a teacher himself of a Govt. Primary School, he explained in detail about the new State Board Exam for Classes V and VIII and asked the parents to pay special attention to their wards as less than a month is remaining for the exam. Praising the efforts of VKV Raga in this aspect, he said that the school authority is going in the right direction, as he has observed. He request the school authority to conduct re – exam for those students who do not qualify in the final examination. But, he said, some parents are unaware of the new system and later complain to the school. He further requested all parents to be in touch with the school and must come to such parents meeting whenever called.
- Smti Yami Golom, M/O Km. Nanicoli Golom, VIII: She was very sad at the performance of Class VIII in general and her daughter in particular. She requested the principal to conduct remedial classes for these two classes in Maths especially so that the performance can be improved in the annual exam. She encouraged the present children to work hard and ask their doubts to the teachers so that a better outcome is obtained. Only then, they can give happiness to their parents as well as to the school staff.
Finally, Principal Sri Trilochan Goutam addressed the parents and responded to their queries. He stressed the following points:
- Remedial coaching in Maths would be started from the next day for Classes V and VIII. All parents were requested to send their children to these classes.
- He expressed his concern at the low attendance of some students and asked the parents to pay special attention to it and send the children regularly.
- Parents should come to the school frequently to enquire about the progress of their wards.
- He also requested all parents to submit the State board Exam Fee of Rs. 750 each student to the school as soon as possible.
- Information regarding non- admission for Boys in VKV Sher hostel was also given to the parents of Class VIII while the procedure for girls’ admission would be as usual. However, boys can approach VKVs Vivek Vihar, Nirjuli and Chimpu for admission in Class IX if they get accommodation in the Private Hostels. So all parents were asked to look into the study of their children for this month so that they can score good marks to get admission in good schools.
- The parents were also informed about the New Admission for the session 2020-21 and were asked to inform their friends and relatives about the same.
- All students were motivated to study hard and bring good marks in the upcoming exam.
Then the Principal offered vote of thanks to all present and hoped that the same kind of attendance and support would be expected from the parents in the future. He further requested all parents to have strict vigilance on the study of their children in this month so that a better result is obtained for all. Before concluding, Km. Madhuri Baitha, the anchor, shared a story of how an earthen pot can erode a stone if kept on it for a long time. The story is related to the life of Acharya Panini, the greatest Sanskrit Scholar. Through this, the students were motivated to work hard and follow the maxim of the tortoise who defeated the hare in a race. Finally, the meeting was concluded with Shantimantra at 2:00 pm.
After the formal meeting ended, an OPEN HOUSE was also kept in which all parents went through the answer sheets of their respective children in the second periodic test. They all promised to look into the study matter of their children. The OPEN HOUSE concluded at 2:30 pm.