Sadgamaya Shibir Celebrated - VKV Raga
VKVs are not only known for quality education, but also for conducting many value based shibirs and camps. These shibirs help the participants in developing their personality by inculcating values in them. One of these shibirs is the Sadgamaya Shibir, which is conducted for Class VII day scholars of VKVs and Class VI – VIII students of other schools. VKV Raga conducted the shibir from 23 to 25 November 2019. A total of 35 students participated out of which 21 were from VKV Raga and the remaining were from other schools.
The participants reported on 23 November at 4 – 5 pm and departed after the camp was over on 25 Nov 2019 at 4 pm. Next day, that is 24 Nov, the first session was inaugural session. The inaugural session was presided over by Smti Ebasi Maga, Alumnus of VKV Tafrogam, 1997 batch (Class X). In her short speech, she recalled the days of her hostel life and how the dedicated teachers used to teach the students. She added that whatever she is today, it is because she got education in VKV. She is presently serving in a Govt. Middle School, Dokum, 5 Kms away from Raga Town. She motivated the participants to learn maximum from the sessions in the coming two days and then report these things to their parents and friends so that all should know the work of Vivekananda Kendra.
During these 3 days’ camp, a variety of sessions were conducted besides Geet, Games and sports, Prerana se punaruthhan etc. The different topics taken up during these sessions by our teachers are as follows:
- Personality Development: Sri Sanju Gurung
- Sach aur Jhooth kaa Mukablaa (Story of Raja Harishchandra): Sri Kailash Chandra Tiadi
- Tradition and culture of Arunachal Pradesh: Sri Rajiv Muang
- Pariksha De Haste Haste: Smti Priyanka Tiwari
- Time Management: Sri Durga Bahadur Sonar
- Vivekananda Kendra and its work: Sri Abhishek Tiwari
- Vedic Mathematics: Sri Lokiodor Taye
- Contribution of India in the field of Science and Technology: Sri Om Prakash Upadhyaya
Besides these sessions, following sessions were also the major attractions in the camp:
- Geets and Patriotic Songs: Sri Om Prakash Upadhaya and Sri Abhishek Tiwari
- Prerana se Punaruthhan: Sri Trilochan Goutam and Su. Rashmi Rekha Das
- Yoga and Games and Sports: Su. Rashmi Rekha Das
Apart from these, competitions were also conducted in Debate and Group discussion, written quiz, games etc.
The concluding session was conducted on 25 Nov at 2: 30 pm, in which camp report was presented by Su Madhuri Baitha. The prizes for best camp participants, best diary writer, best group, best volleyball player and winners of competitions were distributed. Students shared their experiences and seemed very happy to be a part of such camps. A photo session was also done after the camp concluded at 4: 00 pm. The attendance details are:
The overall feedback received from the students as well as the parents was very positive and encouraging. They all liked the camp and said that such camps bring remarkable changes in the life of the participants. The entire team of VKV Raga worked hard to make this shibir successful. We are ready to work for the betterment of our students in particular and the society in general.