Spirit behind Vivekananda Rock Memorial & Vivekananda Kendra
When the whole country was busy with enthusiastic preparations for the celebration of the Centenary Year of Swami Vivekananda, Shri Eknathji Ranade compiled as his own personal homage to the great patriot-saint the book "Rousing Call to Hindu Nation" which was published in January 1963.
Chronology of Eknathji's Life
- 19.11.1914 – Born at Timtala, Amaravati District Maharastra.
- 1920 – Came to Nagpur: Had primary education in Pradanavispura School.
- 1926 - Joined RSS(Ratriya Swayam Sevak Sangh) as a Swayamsevak
- 1932 – Passed Matriculation examination from New English High School, Nagpur.
- 1938 – Passed B.A. (Hons.) in Philosophy (equal to M.A.)
- 1938 – Become a Pracharak of RSS at Jabalpur.
- 1946 – Passed L.L.B. From LAW collage, Jabalpur. Prant Pracharak of Mahakoshal and Madhya Bharat.
- 1948 – Went underground during the ban on RSS. Also worked from lifting of the ban. Held negotations with Saradar Vallabhbhai Patel and others.
- 1949 – Was in Jail for about a month.
- 1950 – Kshetra Pracharak for Poorvanchal Kshetra comprising Bengal, Orissa, and Assam. Did outstanding work for the refugees coming from Pakistan by establishing a very effective “Vastuhara Sahayata Samiti”.
- 1953 – Akhil Bharatiya Prachar Pramukh.
- 1955 – Sarkaryavah (General Secretary) of RSS.
- 1962 – All india Baudhik Pramukh of RSS.
- 17.01.1963 – Compiled “Rousing call to Hindu Nation” , containing the thoughts of Swami Vivekananda, on the eve of his birth centeary.
- 18.08.1963 – Organising Secretary of Vivekananda Rock Memorial Committee.
- 1972 – Founded “Vivekananda Kendra”- a Spiritually Oriented Service Mission.
- 1973 – Founded Editor of “Yuva Bharati”, “Kendra Bharati”, “Vivekananda Kendra Patrika”. Editor of revived “Brahmavadin”.
- 28.05.1975 – General Secretory of Vivekananda Kendra.
- 1978 – President of Vivekananda Kendra.
- 1982 – President of Vivekananda Kendra International.
- 22.08.1982 – Nirvana at Madras.
- 23.08.1982 – Cremated at Vivekanandapuram, Kanyakumari.